A view of Greece from the Outside - Commentaries and Opinions
Follow by Email
Friday, October 24, 2014
A Brutal Assault On SYRIZA!
"SYRIZA forsakes what appeared to be its own values and allows the
current government to continue it’s demolition job, it seems Greek
citizens would have to simply go back to sleep while the obliteration
• EPAM (United People’s Front) was founded on 16 July
2011, following the dramatic events of May 2010 when Greece lost its national
and popular sovereignity and the resistance of the people square-gatherings in
almost every major Greek city.
• EPAM is open to everybody regardless of political
beliefs or social status.
WHAT WE DEMAND
1. Unilateral debt repudiation according to the
2. Cancellation of all memoranda and international
treaties signed since 2010 with the IMF, the EU and the ECB.
3. Exit from the European Union and the eurozone,
and return to national currency.
4. Nationalization of the major banks starting from
the Bank of Greece, in order to control the economy, to redefine the credit
policy and to control capital traffic.
5. Trial and punishment of all those responsible for
the bankrupcy and the loss of sovereignity of the country.
6. New Constitution.
Well, this is a clear and unequivocal position, for sure! The question of interest would be how many votes this position would gather in a national election. And then the question would be whether this is a viable course of action for Greece.
Sometimes I wonder whether perhaps the only way to get such romantic feelings out of the minds of many Greeks would be go for this kind of strategy and to let the results speak for themselves.