Monday, October 1, 2012

Seeing the erred ways of my thinking... (10)

A little over 3 months ago, during the time leading up to the June 17 election, I was convinced that Greece was headed for deep political trouble. Whatever the outcome of the election would be, the new government would be in trouble from day 1. In fact, I had expected that at the latest by fall, that is by now, Greece would again be headed for an election.

Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. It seems that the Greek government is quite stable. Most importantly, the last 3 months have been very quiet politically. Even the recent general strike seemed to be a rather "manufactured" event. Alexis Tsipras only rarely makes the news.

Greece never ceases to surprise me. I am certainly very surprised now and I wonder what I will be surprised about in another 3 months' time.


Moral of the story
Never jump to foregone conclusions!

The final question
Does Greece have even more positive surprises in store for the next few months?


PS: previous posts in this series: P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, P6, P7, P8, P9.

No comments:

Post a Comment